Raspberry and Almond is a delicious flavour combination and these muffins are healthy enough to enjoy all day long without feeling guilty!
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon whole psyllium husks
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 3/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon Optimal Essentials Immune powder
- Preheat oven to 190 C Line 8 cups of a standard size muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together the water, mashed banana, maple syrup, psyllium husk, almond extract and salt until smooth. Let stand 5 minutes (for psyllium to thicken).
- Add the almond flour, baking powder and baking soda to bowl, stirring until blended; gently stir in the raspberries.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 16 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool muffins in tin for a few minutes before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack.