At Optimal Essentials we
are committed to improving
the nutrition of our aging
Improved Nutrition - we streamline the process for Home Care Providers
To help our aging clients improve their nutrition we have developed a system which provides easy access to expert nutrition advice coupled with a range of products which will assist them to meet their daily nutrition requirements.
We have done this in the following ways.
- Our online, internationally verified, nutrition questionnaire provides a simple and accessible, scientific based assessment of the client’s nutrition which is supported by our team of dietitians.
- The nutrition questionnaire is based primarily on the internationally recognised MNA assessment tool which provides a validated assessment of whether the client is malnourished or at risk of malnutrition together with an assessment of specific aspects of their diet and an assessment of ailments which may be helped through improved nutrition.
- Our dietitian will recommend our specifically designed Optimal Essentials products based on the questionnaire results.
- We have developed specific completely natural products designed for Seniors including our Complete Nutrition and Protein for Seniors.
- Clients are also able to arrange an online consultation with one of our in-house dietitians or work with their Home Care Providers dietitians to discuss their diets and nutrition in greater detail.
- For clients who have access to Home Care packages we are also able to work directly with the clients or their Home Care Providers "HCPs" to enable the cost of the Optimal Essentials supplement products to be covered by the Home Care Package.
Our Nutrition Assessment
Our nutrition assessment is primarily based on the internationally recognised MNA. The MNA® is a validated nutrition screening and assessment tool that can identify geriatric patients age 65 and above who are malnourished or at risk of malnutrition. The MNA® was developed nearly 20 years ago and is the most well validated nutrition screening tool for the elderly. Our dietitians have developed a further set of screening questions to allow a more detailed assessment of a client’s diet to identify more detailed deficiencies which can be addressed through our targeted nutrition products.
Supported by Dietitian
Optimal Essentials has a team of dietitians who have worked to develop our online dietary assessment tools and to develop products to specifically address the dietary deficiencies of the aging population. Our assessment tools are validated, and our products are based on the best science available. We also recognise that there are times when a more detailed nutrition and dietary assessment is necessary, so we have developed a tailored online support program with one of our registered dietitians. Alternatively if you have inhouse dietitians we can give them access to the online system and they are able to work with clients into the future. This will ensure that people who have serious malnutrition issues are provided the necessary ongoing clinical support. Our whole system is based on ensuring our clients receive the level of dietetics support they need.
We streamline the process for Home Care Providers
We have developed our model to simplify the process to enable Home Care Providers to support their client’s nutrition needs more easily. We believe that Home Care Providers can play a positive role in enabling their clients to access nutrition advice and products through their Home Care Packages. To assist Home Care Providers, we have invested in systems to allow HCPs to efficiently enable their clients to access quality nutrition advice and products in the following ways.
- Our systems are all online enabling a central accessible system for Home Care Providers and their clients to communicate.
- Clients can complete the online questionnaire thsemselves or with the support of their Home Care Providers in approximately 5 minutes. The system will automatically generate a nutrition assessment based on our algorithm developed by our dietitian to recommend products to improve the client’s nutrition.
- This recommendation will automatically be sent to the client and Home Care Providers for inclusion in their clients Home Care Plan.
- The client and the Home Care Provider have the opportunity to ask questions with our dietitians if necessary, about the recommendations and if appropriate modify the recommendations.
- The system also allows your inhouse dietitians to be allocated to your clients so they can access the client information and can communicate with the client direct through the online messaging system
- If the client with the support of the Home Care Provider wish to start on the nutrition plan using our products the client, or the Home Care Provider, can order the products online and once authoirised by the Home Care provider an invoice is automatically sent to the Home Care Provider for payment.
- Once the order is placed the products will be delivered to the client directly. there is no need to the Home Care Provider to be involved in the distribution of the products.
- Home Care Providers will have the ability via our portal to allocate clients to individual staff for whom they are responsible. So a Home Care Provider staff member will be able to access and edit, modify or cancel all of their clients orders as they see appropriate.
- Clients will be able to sign up for a subscription program where their ongoing needs are met by regular automatic delivers of product where the invoicing is automatically sent to the Home Care Provider for payment. Home Care Providers or clients will be able to cancel the subscription program at any time.
- All orders made by clients will be sent to your staff member responsible for approval prior to the order being accepted and invoices will be emailed directly to your finance team for payment.
- The system allows for regular ongoing assesment of the clients nutrition status by allowing them to retake the questionaiire to ensure it is still current. All results are emailed to the both the client and Home Care Provider.
- If a client already has a nutritonal assesment which has recommended a formulated meal replacement they are able to bypass the questionnaire and order the products via the portal for approval by their Home Care Provider.
Optimal Essentials has a large range of natural food-based health powders which are designed to supplement our clients normal meals. The products can be taken as shakes or sprinkled on cereal or add to baked goods. Our two key nutrition-based products have specifically been developed in consultation with our nutritionists and dietitians to address common nutrition deficiencies in the elderly. Both of these products are comply with the requirements for support under the Home Care Plan guidelines.
Optimal Essentials Complete Nutrition is a formulated meal replacement. One serve provides all the essential macro and micronutrients required for a nutritionally balanced and complete meal. While its most important to eat a healthy, balanced diet from a wide variety of food sources, we recognise that it’s not always easy to do this. Optimal Essentials Complete Nutrition can help bridge the dietary gap, by supplementing your dietary intake with a nutrient dense shake.
Optimal Essentials Complete Nutrition:
- Contains min. 50% RDI of all essential micronutrients per serve
- Sugar Free
- Corn-syrup Free
- Naturally Sweetened
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Low Sodium
Complete Nutrition has the same nutritional composition as Ensure and Hospital Grade Sustagen but has been developed without all of the artificial sweetners and additives which are present in those products.
Protein Powder for Seniors
A diet sufficient in protein is vital for our body as we age. Seniors need the right amount of protein in order to maintain muscle strength, balance, agility and resilience.
Protein acts as a building block for the body and aids in nearly every cell and body process. Whey protein, in particular, is most effective for seniors that are struggling to rebuild muscle. Optimal Essentials Protein shakes for seniors are the perfect way to help fill any nutritional gaps and ensure your protein needs are met. Protein Plus for Seniors is a formulated supplementary food and is eligible for subsidy through your Home Care Plan.
Provides 22g Protein per serve:
- = 46% of your protein needs if you’re a Woman aged 19-70yrs
- = 38% of your protein needs if you’re a Woman aged 70yrs+
- = 33% of your protein needs if you’re a man aged 19-70yrs
- = 27% of your protein needs if you’re a man aged 70yrs+
- Sugar Free
- Naturally Sweetened
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Low Sodium
Ongoing Nutrition Support
Clients can access ongoing nutrition advice and support from our team of dietitian. This will ensure that they have every opportunity to improve their level of nutrition. We are also developing a range of educational pieces to ensure clients have access to the latest nutritional material to assist them to live their best life.
Home Care Package Support
Under our system clients receive a Dietician approved product recommendation based on a validated assessment tool. This recommendation has been developed to form part of a client’s home care plan. Our Compete Nutrition and Protein Powder for Seniors products are complying products under the Home Care Plan guidelines. This then potentially allows clients to have the cost of the recommended products covered completely by their home care plan.
We are committed to ensuring Home Care Providers can help provide their clients with the best nutrition advice and products in the most efficient way. We are committed to working with Home CAre Providers to further develop our systems to improve their productivity and efficiency to enable them to deliver the best outcomes for their clients.