- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 3 cups shredded carrots (medium grate)
- 2 tsps Optimal Essentials Immune powder
- ½ cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of milk of your choice
- Extra pecans and shredded coconut to decorate
Preheat oven to 180 degrees
Grease 2 x 20cm cake tins
In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients - set aside
Whisk together the eggs, pure maple syrup, tahini, almond milk, vanilla extract until smooth.
Slowly whisk in the melted and cooled coconut oil until it’s well incorporated, the stir in the carrots.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
Divide batter evenly between pans and spread out with a spatula to smooth the tops. Bake for 22-32 minutes.
Icing - In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the softened butter and cream cheese and whip on high until light and fluffy. Add icing sugar, vanilla extract and milk and beat for 2-3 minutes more.
Ice the cake and serve!