Lemon Curd Ingredients
- 3 large, free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cacao butter (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Optimal Essentials Immune vanilla powder
Tart Base Ingredients
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- ½ cup gluten-free oats
- ¼ cup almonds
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 3 tsp rice malt syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Grease the bottom and sides of a tart pan with coconut oil and sprinkle a little desiccated coconut over the springform to prevent the tart from sticking. In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine all the base ingredients and pulse until well combined.
- Cover the base and sides of a tart pan and press down firmly. Place in the freezer to set. While the base is in the freezer setting, you can make the lemon curd.
- In a saucepan on low heat, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and honey. Add the lemon juice, coconut oil, vanilla extract, cacao butter, salt and Immune powder and continue to whisk on medium heat until everything is melted and the mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and pour into your prepared tart pan covering all the base mixture as evenly as possible. Place in the fridge to set and serve with berries.